CANADA: Sears Canada Shares Plummet To 52-Week Low
Sears Canada shares continued to drop in value yesterday as the markets reacted to disappointing sales numbers released late last week by the retail chain.Several analysts lowered their earnings estimates for Sears, which saw same-store sales dip in October due to unexpectedly sluggish sales of big-ticket items.The company has seen its share price spiral from the $33 range since it released lukewarm third-quarter results last month. The stock (SCC/TSE) dived six per cent on Friday and plunged another nine per cent yesterday, or $2.10, to close at $21.20, a 52-week low.Sears is to open seven stores across Canada under the Eatons banner on November 25, and chief executive Paul Walters expects the renovated outlets will bring $1bn in yearly sales to the Sears enterprise within three years.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Adidas mulls roll-out of in-store customisation
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack