CANADA: Sears Canada taps apparel merchandising specialist
Department store retailer Sears Canada Inc has tapped Limited Brands executive Steven Goldsmith as executive vice-president of merchandising, apparel and accessories.
Goldsmith will be responsible for the style and trend direction, and overall merchandising activities of women's, men's and children's apparel, footwear and fashion accessories, as well as cosmetics, fragrances, jewellery, luggage and children's nursery products and toys.
He joins from Limited brands where, since 2007, he has been executive vice president of Limited Brands Direct, responsible for the marketing, merchandising, web expression and web support for Victoria's Secret Direct.
Prior to this he was responsible for the endless.com business segment of Amazon, where he was oversaw apparel, footwear, jewellery, and accessories on both endless.com as well as all other Amazon platforms.
"The categories within Steven's area of responsibility are important to the company's profitability, and his experience in growing sales, building teams and developing strong relationships will enable us to uplift these businesses successfully as we move forward," said Calvin McDonald, president and CEO of Sears Canada.
Sears Canada has a network that includes 196 corporate stores, 272 hometown dealer stores, 33 home improvement showrooms, 1,800 catalogue merchandise pick-up locations, 108 Sears Travel offices, as well as an online network.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' December 2011 sales results....
The following is a general roundup of US apparel and shoe retailers' November 2011 sales results....
US retailer Limited Brands and certification body Fairtrade International have challenged a series of allegations that claim child labour is used on farms in Burkina Faso that grow Fairtrade organic c...
JC Penney has appointed Kristen Blum as executive vice president and chief technology officer....
Lingerie specialist Triumph International is negotiating the acquisition of UK stores owned by ailing underwear retailer La Senza, according to newspaper reports....
Troubled US retailer Talbots today said that the unsolicited bid made for the company by private-equity firm Sycamore Partners was "inadequate" and "substantially undervalues the company"....
US retailer Limited Brands has confirmed that it is investigating a series of allegations of child labour on farms in Burkina Faso that grow Fairtrade and organic cotton used in its Victoria's Secret ...
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Britain’s Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trad
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022