USA: Sears Fashion Takes Action In National Program
Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center has been chosen by Women Work! The National Network for Women's Employment and Sears, Roebuck and Co to connect four Southwestern students with some of today's top fashion journalists and role models. Olga Castro, Hilda Rivera, Sametra Knight Scott, and Lizz Templin will depart from San Diego at 7 a.m. Tuesday, June 20 to Los Angeles. They will spend the day shopping with local fashion experts who are donating their time and expertise to women in need. Each expert will shop with one woman and select two work-appropriate outfits, as well as cosmetics, that fit the needs of her desired career environment. Created and sponsored by Sears, Roebuck and Co, Fashion Takes Action helps provide fashionable work attire for women in transition to the workplace from situations involving domestic violence, homeless shelters, half-way houses and/or public assistance. This year's philanthropic partner, Women Work! is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering women from diverse backgrounds and helping them to achieve economic self-sufficiency through job readiness, education, training and employment. Sears will present Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center with $5,000 as part of a total $100,000 donation to Women Work!.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Pakistan industry seeks help to kickstart exports
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- US Q3 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, HanesBrands
- Primark sourcing chief Gordon steps down
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report