USA: Sears Fashion Takes Action In National Program
Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center has been chosen by Women Work! The National Network for Women's Employment and Sears, Roebuck and Co to connect four Southwestern students with some of today's top fashion journalists and role models. Olga Castro, Hilda Rivera, Sametra Knight Scott, and Lizz Templin will depart from San Diego at 7 a.m. Tuesday, June 20 to Los Angeles. They will spend the day shopping with local fashion experts who are donating their time and expertise to women in need. Each expert will shop with one woman and select two work-appropriate outfits, as well as cosmetics, that fit the needs of her desired career environment. Created and sponsored by Sears, Roebuck and Co, Fashion Takes Action helps provide fashionable work attire for women in transition to the workplace from situations involving domestic violence, homeless shelters, half-way houses and/or public assistance. This year's philanthropic partner, Women Work! is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering women from diverse backgrounds and helping them to achieve economic self-sufficiency through job readiness, education, training and employment. Sears will present Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center with $5,000 as part of a total $100,000 donation to Women Work!.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Brandix rolls out Tukatech systems
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar