USA: Sears Fashion Takes Action In National Program
Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center has been chosen by Women Work! The National Network for Women's Employment and Sears, Roebuck and Co to connect four Southwestern students with some of today's top fashion journalists and role models. Olga Castro, Hilda Rivera, Sametra Knight Scott, and Lizz Templin will depart from San Diego at 7 a.m. Tuesday, June 20 to Los Angeles. They will spend the day shopping with local fashion experts who are donating their time and expertise to women in need. Each expert will shop with one woman and select two work-appropriate outfits, as well as cosmetics, that fit the needs of her desired career environment. Created and sponsored by Sears, Roebuck and Co, Fashion Takes Action helps provide fashionable work attire for women in transition to the workplace from situations involving domestic violence, homeless shelters, half-way houses and/or public assistance. This year's philanthropic partner, Women Work! is a national not-for-profit organization dedicated to empowering women from diverse backgrounds and helping them to achieve economic self-sufficiency through job readiness, education, training and employment. Sears will present Southwestern College New Horizons/Women's Resource Center with $5,000 as part of a total $100,000 donation to Women Work!.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- JC Penney to close 140 stores amid lower sales
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022