US: Sears Holdings forecasts quarterly and FY losses
Sears has been working on a transformation programme
Struggling retailer Sears Holdings has said it expects to report a net loss in the fourth quarter as the transition of the business continues.
In a trading update, Sears said it expects to report a net loss for the quarter ending 1 February of between US$250m and $360m, or between $2.35 and $3.39 loss per diluted share.
This compares to a loss in the prior year quarter of $489m, or $4.61 loss per diluted share. This included a non-cash charge of $455m related to pension settlements, non-cash impairment charges of $330m and other adjustments.
For the full year, Sear is expecting a net loss of between $1.3bn and $1.4bn from losses of $930m in fiscal 2013.
Total domestic comparable store sales for the quarter were down 7.4%, comprising of a 5.7% decrease at Kmart and 9.2% at Sears domestic.
"As previously stated, we are transitioning from a business that has historically focused on running a store network into a business that provides and delivers value by serving its members in the manner most convenient for them: whether in store, in home or through digital devices," the company said.
"We believe that we are making progress in this transformation, as we are seeing continued increases in our 'Shop Your Way' member engagement metrics with 69% of our sales in the nine-week period ended 4 January 2014 derived from members as compared to 58% last year."
Some 200 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people in 2013....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
Australia's competition regulator has given the green light to Wesfarmers' takeover of Pacific Brands workwear division....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Speed to market key to Adidas 2020 growth plan
- SuperGroup to adapt sourcing model for speed
- Cutting-edge companies focus on consumer needs
- SOURCING: Production problems weigh on Pakistan
- What next for smart fabrics and garments?
- Lululemon Athletica on “strong growth” track
- PVH “pleased” after swinging to Q4 profit
- Organic cotton assessment tool launches
- Swedish textile water project to expand globally
- Apparel and textiles rank high on EU alert system
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019