US: Sears Holdings forecasts quarterly and FY losses
Sears has been working on a transformation programme
Struggling retailer Sears Holdings has said it expects to report a net loss in the fourth quarter as the transition of the business continues.
In a trading update, Sears said it expects to report a net loss for the quarter ending 1 February of between US$250m and $360m, or between $2.35 and $3.39 loss per diluted share.
This compares to a loss in the prior year quarter of $489m, or $4.61 loss per diluted share. This included a non-cash charge of $455m related to pension settlements, non-cash impairment charges of $330m and other adjustments.
For the full year, Sear is expecting a net loss of between $1.3bn and $1.4bn from losses of $930m in fiscal 2013.
Total domestic comparable store sales for the quarter were down 7.4%, comprising of a 5.7% decrease at Kmart and 9.2% at Sears domestic.
"As previously stated, we are transitioning from a business that has historically focused on running a store network into a business that provides and delivers value by serving its members in the manner most convenient for them: whether in store, in home or through digital devices," the company said.
"We believe that we are making progress in this transformation, as we are seeing continued increases in our 'Shop Your Way' member engagement metrics with 69% of our sales in the nine-week period ended 4 January 2014 derived from members as compared to 58% last year."
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Struggling retailer Sears Holdings Corporation says it may close more stores this year after reporting a wider loss in the first-quarter, weighed down by lower sales....
Kmart Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SW...
Retailer Sears Holdings Corporation is considering selling its struggling Canadian operations, as part of wider efforts to improve its financial flexibility....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Women's and Girls' Clothing in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Women's and Girls' Dresses, Women's and Girls' Suits & Coats, Women's and G...
- Improved supplier capabilities benefit Next
- China and Vietnam lead US apparel imports in July
- THE FLANARANT: Understand win-win or lose out
- Next H1: What the analysts say
- US apparel retailers' August 2014 sales roundup
- Hanesbrands axes Costa Rican jobs in Vietnam move
- Philippines gets go-head for EU GSP+ benefits
- TAL Group improves pre-production efficiency
- Apparel fuels global manufacturing downturn
- Brandix selects first "game-changing" innovations
- Wool in the 21st Century: new prospects for a familiar fibre
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Apparel Market in China to 2018 - Market Size, Trends, and Forecasts
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Cut and Sew Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details