USA: Sears Launches Hispanic Women's Range
Sears Holdings Corp and Latina Media Ventures, which publishes Latina magazine, have signed a deal to launch an apparel, footwear and bag collection aimed at Hispanic women.
Jones Apparel Group Inc will design the collection with Latina magazine giving fashion guidance.
The range will be sold in 425 Sears stores from autumn 2005 onwards and will be expanded to incorporate jewellery and other accessories in spring 2006.
Sears Holdings said the Hispanic market is a key retail target, as it makes up over 13 per cent of the US's population.
Sears Holdings was formed out of a merger of Kmart Holding with Sears Roebuck & Co in March this year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
When retailers go off-track, they end up trying to follow the evolution of consumer tastes, trends and spending. By the time they understand what their shopper is about, she's moved on to the next bes...
Textiles and clothing make up Thailand's largest manufacturing industry, with more than 4,500 factories employing over one million people. The sector accounts for approximately 20 per cent of total em...
Up to 150,000 employees and retirees of former retailer Kmart have been awarded US$11.75m as part of a lawsuit settlement over the investment of pension funds, Associated Press reported....
Retail group Sears has expanded its contract with fulfilment and integration solutions company CommerceHub. ...
Retail group Sears Holdings has appointed Lisa Schultz to the new position of executive vice president of the company's apparel design....
Retail group Sears Holdings has named a team of new executives and has announced the departure of president and chief merchant Luis Padilla....
Multi-channel retailer Sears Canada is recalling two lines of children's outfits due to a potential choking hazard....
Casual Male Retail Group Inc is launching its big and tall men's apparel on retail giant Sears' e-commerce site sears.com under a long-term agreement....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar