US: Sears names president of sporting goods unit
Department store retailer Sears Holdings Corporation has hired Daniel 'Hugo' Malan as SVP and president of its Fitness and Sporting Goods unit.
Malan joins the company from Barclays Capital where he served as managing director.
"Sears is America's number one fitness retailer," said interim CEO and president Bruce Johnson.
"As we continue to leverage those businesses that distinguish us from our competition, we established a Fitness and Sporting Goods business unit.
"Hugo's experience at developing and executing new market growth strategies, optimising resource allocation and strong leadership skills make him a great addition to our executive team."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Sears Holdings Corp is to sell products from other retailers on its website as part of a new online mall called Sears Marketplace - in a move that mirrors one taken by Wal-Mart Stores Inc earlier this...
Yoga-inspired athletic apparel company Lululemon Athletica Inc is launching a new brand concept targeting tween girls as it looks for new ways to expand its business....
Walt Disney Company has made a surprise $4bn bid for Marvel Entertainment, the company behind comic book characters such as Iron Man, Spider-Man, X-Men and Fantastic Four, in a move that provides huge...
Broadline retailer Sears Holdings has swung to a second quarter net loss, despite managing to reduce selling and administrative expenses....
Department store chain Stein Mart has announced the appointment of Robert L Mettler to the company's board of directors....
Actress Selena Gomez has teamed up with Sears to inspire teens and tweens to go "back to school with style"....
Disney is launching new tween fashion lines inspired by its Jonas and Wizards of Waverly Place shows, which will be hitting retailers including JC Penney, Kmart, Sears, Walmart, Target and DisneyStore...
Around 1.4m pairs of children's clogs have been recalled in the US by footwear distributor Brown Shoe and its Hong Kong-based affiliate Pagoda International....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- No US rush to Myanmar despite end to sanctions
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Amazon wins on-demand apparel manufacturing patent
- Driving ban intensifies Myanmar logistics hurdles
- Inditex, Adidas and Patagonia top ethical report
- Calls for supply chain transparency standard
- Trump bolsters "buy American" with executive order
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts