US: Sears recalls pants over entrapment hazard
Two styles of pants sold in Sears stores have been recalled by the company and US Consumer Product Safety Commission following a safety scare involving ribbon belts.
The TKS-branded children's pants, imported by ES Sutton of New York, have ribbon belts at the waist that are longer than the maximum length set out in commission guidelines, posing an entrapment or entanglement hazard to children, a statement said.
Consumers have been told immediately to remove the belts from the pants, which come in denim and khaki styles and were sold in infant and toddler sizes. The pants were sold nationwide by Sears for about US$16 each between July and August this year.
No injuries have been reported.
The following is a general roundup of apparel and shoe chains' May 2008 sales results. The list will be updated as new results become available....
Retail group Sears Holdings Corporation blamed the weak economy after the company swung to a first quarter loss of US$56m and revenues fell 5.1%....
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Department store retailer Sears is to roll out an exclusive LL Cool J apparel collection as part of its autumn assortment....
Italy's Benetton Group has signed a strategic deal with retailer Sears Mexico aimed at expanding the United Colors of Benetton (UCB) brand in the central American country....
Tween Brands Inc has hired Rolando de Aguiar as its executive vice president and chief financial officer....
Just two days after winning $305m in a trademark ruling against footwear firm Collective Brands Inc, German sportswear giant Adidas AG is reported to have settled a similar lawsuit against Sears Holdi...
Stein Mart has announced that Glori Katz has been named as its senior vice president, marketing and advertising....
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020