US: Sears sales fall but Q4 losses narrow
- Q4 losses narrow to US$358m
- Gross margin down
- Net sales drop to $10.6bn
Sears said it will continue to enhance its financial flexibility
Struggling retailer Sears Holdings managed to narrow losses in its fourth-quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
Net losses amounted to US$358m in the three months ended 1 February. This compares to net losses of $489m in the prior year period. The improvement was helped by store closures and garnering more business via its loyalty programme.
Gross margin decreased $681m to $2.5bn as a result of a $1.7m decline in sales to $10.6bn.
Revenues were down primarily due to lower domestic comparable store sales, in addition to having fewer Kmart and Sears Full-line stores in operation.
CEO Edward Lampert said: "Looking ahead, we will continue to enhance our financial flexibility to support and drive our transformation. While transformations of this size are challenging, and our financial results do not currently reflect our progress in member engagement, we believe the changes we are making through Shop Your Way and integrated retail will benefit us in the changing retail landscape."
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
US athletic apparel and footwear retailer The Finish Line has appointed Imran Jooma as chief omnichannel officer and executive vice president....
Apparel retailer Lands' End has named Dolce & Gabbana USA president Federica Marchionni as its new CEO, following the resignation of CEO Edgar Huber....
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- What the EU-Vietnam trade deal means for duties
- US apparel import growth led by Bangladesh
- Esquel backs Chinese Sea Island cotton production
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Eco-friendly garment factory opens in Bangladesh
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- Sears looks to lift apparel via sourcing changes
- Clothing and sports chains in activewear battle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- Practical Price Negotiation