US: Sears sales fall but Q4 losses narrow
- Q4 losses narrow to US$358m
- Gross margin down
- Net sales drop to $10.6bn
Sears said it will continue to enhance its financial flexibility
Struggling retailer Sears Holdings managed to narrow losses in its fourth-quarter, despite booking a drop in revenues.
Net losses amounted to US$358m in the three months ended 1 February. This compares to net losses of $489m in the prior year period. The improvement was helped by store closures and garnering more business via its loyalty programme.
Gross margin decreased $681m to $2.5bn as a result of a $1.7m decline in sales to $10.6bn.
Revenues were down primarily due to lower domestic comparable store sales, in addition to having fewer Kmart and Sears Full-line stores in operation.
CEO Edward Lampert said: "Looking ahead, we will continue to enhance our financial flexibility to support and drive our transformation. While transformations of this size are challenging, and our financial results do not currently reflect our progress in member engagement, we believe the changes we are making through Shop Your Way and integrated retail will benefit us in the changing retail landscape."
More than 170 companies have now signed the Accord on Fire and Building Safety in Bangladesh following the collapse of the Rana Plaza factory building in Dhaka, which killed more than 1,100 people las...
Sears Holdings Corporation (SHLD) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compi...
Kmart Corporation - Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides a comprehensive insight into the company’s history, corporate strategy, business structure and operations. The report contains a detailed SW...
US retailer Sears Holdings has said its wider loss in the second quarter was "unacceptable" and there is more work to be done to get the results it wants....
Abstract About Children’s and Infant Wear Children's wear refers to clothing for children aged between 0 months to 10 years. It includes apparel such as outerwear, underwear, nightwear, socks and t...
Retailer Target Australia has disclosed the locations of its supplier factories in Bangladesh - a move welcomed by charity Oxfam....
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Children's Wear in US$ Million by the following Product Segments: Boys Wear, Girls Wear, and Infants & Toddlers Wear. The report provides separate compre...
- Impact of the TPP on the US textile industry?
- Cambodia's future outsourcing prospects uncertain
- Hazardous chemical removal a key industry issue
- Who has signed up to the Greenpeace Detox Campaign
- JC Penney emphasises new merchandising strategy
- Vietnam proposes 15% rise to regional minimum wage
- Hong Kong's Li & Fung reports "solid" H1
- Avery Dennison forms JV with Ningbo Shenzhou
- Accord and Alliance discord over inspections
- Nike appointments to drive growth opportunities
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey