UK: Selfridges Enjoys H1 Sales Climb
The group said sales at its Oxford Street store were up five per cent and 14 per cent ahead at its Manchester store in the 25 weeks to July 13 with strong interest in its men’s wear, women’s wear and leisure departments.
Finance director, Peter Williams, said: "We are very pleased with trading in the first half, particularly in Oxford Street where we have seen strong and consistent sales growth ... which is perhaps different from what other people have experienced in London."
Companies: Oxford Industries Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing companies in the Colombian city of Medellín have chosen not to compete with low Chinese prices, but instead offer intelligent marketing policies and serious investment in social programmes. I...
Apparel group Oxford Industries has enjoyed a 21% second-quarter profit leap, as increases in women's clothing partially offset weaker trading within the Ben Sherman business....
Popular value clothing retailer Primark is to open a store on top London retail location Oxford Street - its first outlet in central London, press reports said...
Michael Buckley, chief executive at men's wear company Ben Sherman, has quit the company due to a row over growth strategy, according to sources cited by The New York Post....
Private-label apparel company Oxford Industries Inc has more than doubled its first-quarter earnings, boosted by good profit for the Tommy Bahama brand....
Branded and private apparel group Oxford Industries Inc has reported a 25 per cent hike in full-year earnings, driven by the success of the Tommy Bahama and Ben Sherman lifestyle brands....
Phoenix Footwear Group Inc has announced the acquisition of the assets of the Paradise Shoe Company LLC, which licenses the Tommy Bahama line of men's and women's footwear, hosiery and belts....
Apparel group Oxford Industries Inc has named Jim Tuman as new president of its Lanier Clothes tailored division, replacing Wayne Brantley who is retiring....
- Outlook 2017 – What else is the industry watching?
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- Outlook 2017 – Strategies for sourcing success
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- Outlook 2017 – Challenges and opportunities
- M&S quality focus finally lifts clothing sales
- 22 dos and dont's – When sourcing goes wrong
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Sri Lanka on track to regain EU GSP+ benefits
- Update - Bangladesh "business as usual"
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar