UK: Selfridges Enjoys H1 Sales Climb
The group said sales at its Oxford Street store were up five per cent and 14 per cent ahead at its Manchester store in the 25 weeks to July 13 with strong interest in its men’s wear, women’s wear and leisure departments.
Finance director, Peter Williams, said: "We are very pleased with trading in the first half, particularly in Oxford Street where we have seen strong and consistent sales growth ... which is perhaps different from what other people have experienced in London."
Companies: Oxford Industries Inc
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Clothing companies in the Colombian city of Medellín have chosen not to compete with low Chinese prices, but instead offer intelligent marketing policies and serious investment in social programmes. I...
Apparel group Oxford Industries has enjoyed a 21% second-quarter profit leap, as increases in women's clothing partially offset weaker trading within the Ben Sherman business....
Popular value clothing retailer Primark is to open a store on top London retail location Oxford Street - its first outlet in central London, press reports said...
Michael Buckley, chief executive at men's wear company Ben Sherman, has quit the company due to a row over growth strategy, according to sources cited by The New York Post....
Private-label apparel company Oxford Industries Inc has more than doubled its first-quarter earnings, boosted by good profit for the Tommy Bahama brand....
Branded and private apparel group Oxford Industries Inc has reported a 25 per cent hike in full-year earnings, driven by the success of the Tommy Bahama and Ben Sherman lifestyle brands....
Phoenix Footwear Group Inc has announced the acquisition of the assets of the Paradise Shoe Company LLC, which licenses the Tommy Bahama line of men's and women's footwear, hosiery and belts....
Apparel group Oxford Industries Inc has named Jim Tuman as new president of its Lanier Clothes tailored division, replacing Wayne Brantley who is retiring....
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective