UK: Selfridges Enjoys Jump In Full-Year Profits
Upscale department store Selfridges on Thursday posted a 16 per cent surge in annual pre-tax profits to £44.5 million before one-off costs compared to the year-ago period. Sales climbed 4.1 per cent to £402.2m, while total sales in the first six weeks of the new fiscal year are up six per cent thanks to a 21 per cent leap in sales at its Manchester store and a four per cent rise at its flagship store in London#;s Oxford Street.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"