UK: Seminar to help fashion firms step into exports
The UK Fashion & Textile Association (UKFT) is holding a seminar next month to offer advice to firms trying to reach overseas buyers through trade shows.
Building on UKFT's many years of experience taking groups of exhibitors to show abroad, the 'First Steps in Export' seminar aims to answer key questions faced by fashion and textile companies.
These include: how can I find out which exhibition is right for me? How can I attract buyers to my stand? How do I know if the people who visit me are good payers? Buyers will all pay up front in Sterling, won't they? Should I let buyers photograph my collection on the stand?
As well as offering practical advice on what to do, what to expect, and how to make the most of your stand, the 90-minute seminar will take participants through the mechanics of showing overseas. .
For more details about the First Steps in Export seminar, which takes place on Tuesday 10 May, contact Laurian Davies.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack