US: Senate approves Russia trade bill
The US Senate has approved legislation granting permanent normal trade relations (PNTR) to Russia and Moldova, lifting a long-standing restriction on trade.
The move will allow US companies to benefit from Russia's entry into the World Trade Organization (WTO) in August - providing them with greater access to new Russian customers and stronger protection to address trade disputes under the rules-based global trading system.
"The United States strongly supported Russia's accession to the WTO, because it is in the interest of our exporters and the Americans they employ to bring Russia more fully into the global trading system," said US Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
"With the signing of this legislation, American businesses and workers are closer to enjoying the full economic benefits of Russia's WTO commitments."
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- US fashion firms share their sourcing strategies
- Cost biggest barrier to Bangladesh RMG remediation
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Lies and statistics – the sustainability version
- Ten key trends in apparel and footwear markets
- Bangladesh firm comes top in World Textile Awards
- Columbia rain jacket a milestone in sustainability
- Myanmar factories prepare for compliance training
- Primark continues US expansion with third store
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in China – Market Summary & Forecasts
- Nike Inc in Apparel and Footwear (World)