USA: Sephora, Federated And Macy's Settle Trade Dress Lawsuit
Sephora, whose distinctive cosmetics and fragrance stores first opened in Paris in 1996, is today one of the largest fragrance and cosmetic retailers in Europe, with over 200 stores. Sephora USA LLC is a unit of the Selective Distribution Group of Paris-based LVMG Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton, the world's leading luxury products group. Sephora, which opened its first United States store in New York City in 1997, now operates 53 stores in the United States, and its on-line beauty site at www.sephora.com, is the authoritative site for beauty on the Internet.
Federated, with corporate offices in Cincinnati and New York is one of the nation's leading department store retailers, with annual sales of more than $17.3 billion. Federated currently operates more than 400 department stores in 33 states under the names of Bloomingdale's, The Bon Marche, Burdines, Goldsmith's, Lazarus, Macy's, Rich's and Stern's. Federated also operates the Fingerhut, Bloomingdale's By Mail, Macy's By Mail, macys.com and bloomingdales.com direct-to-consumer catalog and electronic commerce subsidiaries.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands