USA: September Retail Results Round-Up
J. Baker, Inc (Nasdaq:JBAK) reported that total sales in its Casual Male Big & Tall, Repp Big & Tall, Work 'n Gear and Footwear divisions for the five weeks ended September 30, 2000 increased 13.2 per cent to $67m, compared to $59m for the five weeks ended October 2,1999. Comparable store sales for the month of September increased 4.1 per cent. Year-to-date sales for the eight months ended September 30, 2000 increased 17.9 per cent to $477m, compared to $404m for the same period last year. Comparable store sales for the eight- month period increased 2.9 per cent. The company's results for the month and year-to-date periods reflect the acquisition of substantially all of the assets of the Repp Big & Tall stores and the Repp By Mail catalog and e-commerce businesses in May 1999, as well as the business acquired from Shoe Corporation of America at the end of February 2000. The company has begun reporting Repp Big & Tall store sales in its Big & Tall and total comparable store sales numbers in September 2000.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Trump talks of tweaking NAFTA trade with Canada
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022