US: Sequential Brands closes Heelys deal
Sequential Brands has closed its acquisition of wheeled footwear brand Heelys.
Sequential acquired all of the outstanding shares of Heelys for US$2.25 per share in cash, or approximately $63m.
The company also announced a global license agreement with BBC International, making BBC the exclusive licensee for Heelys footwear.
Yehuda Shmidman, CEO of Sequential, and Bobby Campbell, BBC's Founder and Managing Member, jointly stated: "We see many opportunities to leverage Heelys' compelling brand heritage and patented products as we re-launch the Heelys brand with our retail partners around the world."
Sequential Brands, owner of the William Rast and People's Liberation brands, has seen its first-quarter losses widen after acquisition costs offset higher revenue. ...
- New wage ladder lifts workers towards living wages
- US retailers to face logistics issues into 2015
- New scenarios driving sustainability in textiles
- African apparel sector needs cooperation to thrive
- UK fashion sector prospects depend on partnerships
- Bangladesh worker dies as factory boiler ruptures
- Eight footwear factories lead on social compliance
- Global unions join forces on apparel wage poverty
- US firms eye Vietnam footwear growth ahead of TPP
- J Crew embarks on new expansion phase