US: Sequential Brands closes Heelys deal
Sequential Brands has closed its acquisition of wheeled footwear brand Heelys.
Sequential acquired all of the outstanding shares of Heelys for US$2.25 per share in cash, or approximately $63m.
The company also announced a global license agreement with BBC International, making BBC the exclusive licensee for Heelys footwear.
Yehuda Shmidman, CEO of Sequential, and Bobby Campbell, BBC's Founder and Managing Member, jointly stated: "We see many opportunities to leverage Heelys' compelling brand heritage and patented products as we re-launch the Heelys brand with our retail partners around the world."
Sequential Brands, owner of the William Rast and People's Liberation brands, has seen its first-quarter losses widen after acquisition costs offset higher revenue. ...
- DENIM DAYS: Jeans innovation bursting at the seams
- How will TPP emerge from fast-track trade bill?
- Adidas pushing self-governance for suppliers
- Rana Plaza two years on: Challenges and concerns
- US fashion industry applauds trade bills package
- Under Armour hailed "next global athletic company"
- Myanmar garment workers strike deal
- Orta and Garmon launch denim chemical screening
- Gap’s woes “not so easy to fix”
- Wal-Mart simplifies management structure