US: Sequential Brands closes Heelys deal
Sequential Brands has closed its acquisition of wheeled footwear brand Heelys.
Sequential acquired all of the outstanding shares of Heelys for US$2.25 per share in cash, or approximately $63m.
The company also announced a global license agreement with BBC International, making BBC the exclusive licensee for Heelys footwear.
Yehuda Shmidman, CEO of Sequential, and Bobby Campbell, BBC's Founder and Managing Member, jointly stated: "We see many opportunities to leverage Heelys' compelling brand heritage and patented products as we re-launch the Heelys brand with our retail partners around the world."
Sequential Brands, owner of the William Rast and People's Liberation brands, has seen its first-quarter losses widen after acquisition costs offset higher revenue. ...
- Low labour cost countries linked to highest risks
- Why should brands care about China cotton?
- China cotton: implications and opportunities
- COMMENT: Skills or new technology?
- UK reshoring hub hit by sweatshop claims
- South Africa to grow grass for recyclable textiles
- Activewear driving US apparel spend
- JC Penney share price falls on Q4 loss
- Sri Lanka and Bangladesh FTA talks underway
- Delta Galil open to M&A as profit grows
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide