US: Sequential Brands names former Iconix exec CFO
Klein most recently served as vice president of finance at Iconix Brand Group, which licenses fashion and footwear labels like Candie's, Bongo, London Fog and Joe Boxer.
Sequential Brands chairman William Sweedler said: "Gary has years of experience working with the brand-management business model, and we believe he will be a powerful addition to our team."
Last month, Sequential Brands Group appointed former Iconix COO Yehuda Shmidman as its chief executive officer.
Sequential Brands Group Names Gary Klein CFO
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Board of Directors of Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (OTC:SQBG) ("Sequential" or the "Company") today announced that Gary Klein has joined the Company as its Chief Financial Officer.
"We are excited to welcome Gary Klein to the Sequential Brands Group management team as we embark on executing our growth plan. Gary has years of experience working with the brand-management business model, and we believe he will be a powerful addition to our team."
William Sweedler, Chairman of Sequential, commented, "We are excited to welcome Gary Klein to the Sequential Brands Group management team as we embark on executing our growth plan. Gary has years of experience working with the brand-management business model, and we believe he will be a powerful addition to our team."
Gary Klein previously served as Vice President of Finance at Iconix Brand Group (NASDAQ:ICON). Mr. Klein joined Iconix in 2005 and during his seven-year tenure, he was regularly involved in all areas of finance, including financial planning and analysis, reporting and accounting, corporate finance, investor relations, mergers and acquisitions and management information systems. Prior to Iconix, Mr. Klein held finance-related positions at TV Guide Publishing Group, Columbia House and Office.com. His career began at Rosen, Seymour, Shapss, Martin & Company, a public accounting firm, after receiving a bachelor's degree in accounting from the University at Albany.
About Sequential Brands Group
Sequential Brands Group, Inc. (OTC:SQBG) owns, promotes, markets, and licenses a portfolio of consumer brands that presently include William Rast®, People's Liberation® and DVS Action Sports. The Company ensures that its brands continue to thrive and grow by employing strong brand management, design, and marketing teams. The Company has licensed and intends to license its brands in a variety of consumer categories to retailers, wholesalers and distributors in the United States and in certain international territories. For more information please visit the Company's corporate web site at: www.sequentialbrandsgroup.com.
Original source: http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20121203006645/en/Sequential-Brands-Group-Names-Gary-Klein-CFO
Iconix Brand Group has acquired the remaining 49% stake in the Ecko portfolio of brands that it did not already own, in a deal worth US$45m....
Sequential Brands, owner of the William Rast and People's Liberation brands, has seen its first-quarter losses widen after acquisition costs offset higher revenue. ...
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- US apparel retailers' January 2016 sales roundup
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- PVH to take control of Tommy Hilfiger China unit
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024