UK: Service Without A Smile On The High Street
Britain's shoppers spend 18.6 billion hours on the high street each year, but nearly one fifth of that time - 73 hours per person - is spent queuing. So says "Shop 'Til You Drop", a report by Atwood SB, which also reveals that shoppers have had enough and are now turning their backs on the cheapest prices in favour of better quality and service.One in five shoppers admitted to shop rage, saying they take on a more aggressive personality when shopping and lose their temper because of queues, crowds, and bad service.Suggestions in the report for making shopping more pleasurable include improving the shopping environment, re-introducing staff apprenticeships, and training staff to understand customer emotions.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Four steps to reduce product defects
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- US Q4 in brief – Oxford Industries, Shoe Carnival
- H&M, VF Corp and Levi among most ethical companies
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- Vietnam limits hazardous chemicals in apparel
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective