UK: Sexy Ellesse Ad Banned By Council Chiefs
A sexy advert for Italian sportswear firm Ellesse has been deemed too racy for a key billboard site in Birmingham. The eye-catching ad, which features a gorgeous couple frolicking in the wet on a tennis court, was due to be sited on a huge hoarding along the side of the town hall. But councillors said the giant picture - part of Ellesse's new Forplay ad campaign - was not suitable for the Grade 1 listed building. It will now be placed on other billboard sites around the city instead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"