UK: Sexy Ellesse Ad Banned By Council Chiefs
A sexy advert for Italian sportswear firm Ellesse has been deemed too racy for a key billboard site in Birmingham. The eye-catching ad, which features a gorgeous couple frolicking in the wet on a tennis court, was due to be sited on a huge hoarding along the side of the town hall. But councillors said the giant picture - part of Ellesse's new Forplay ad campaign - was not suitable for the Grade 1 listed building. It will now be placed on other billboard sites around the city instead.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- American Apparel to shutter all stores?
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022