US: “Sexy” strategy returns Hot Topic to Q1 profit
- Q1 net profit US$3.8m, versus $7.7m loss
- Sales up 6.4% to $171.5m
- Comparable store sales up 7.5%
Popular culture-focused retailer Hot Topic returned to profit in its first quarter as sales moved up thanks to a return to its “edgy, dark and sexy core”, the company said.
The US company, which operates 624 Hot Topic stores and 164 Torrid stores, recorded a 7.5% increase in comparable store sales in the three months to 28 April.
“Our first quarter sales and earnings increases at both the Hot Topic and Torrid brands exceeded our early expectations,” said Lisa Harper, Hot Topic chairman and CEO.
“The quarterly results demonstrate the success of our key strategies of returning the Hot Topic brand to its edgy, dark and sexy core, as well as bringing true fashion to the Torrid brand.”
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic has booked a 38% rise in third-quarter net profit on the back of higher sales of new fashion-forward merchandise....
Teen apparel retailer Hot Topic is testing the lingerie market with the launch of five mall-based stores ahead of the holiday season under the Blackheart banner....
US apparel retailer Hot Topic has seen its third-quarter comparable sales edge up 0.2%....
UK retailers saw September sales increase, with growth driven primarily by clothing and footwear sales, according to the latest BRC/KPMG sales monitor. ...
- Euro decline weighs on Turkish clothing industry
- Mexico makers see rise in exports and local demand
- G-Star RAW pushes the boundaries of denim
- Supply chain mapping using the Bitcoin blockchain
- VF Corp confirms interest in Africa sourcing
- UK retailers to answer over human trafficking
- LF Corp to streamline planning and sourcing
- Clothing a top category for mass personalisation
- Euratex raises rules of origin issues in TPP talks
- New dye-sublimation printers for sportswear
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Management briefing: Factory safety and auditing: The key challenges
- Global market review of workwear - forecasts to 2019
- Sustainable Textiles for Apparel: Fact, Fiction and Future Prospects