UK: SG Revises Earnings Forecasts For Matalan
SG Securities is understood to have lowered its rating to "hold" from "buy", following a visit to the company on Friday, and has made further revisions to its earnings forecasts. Apparently SG is now looking for pre-tax profits of £82m this year, back from £84m previously.
SG is also said to be advising clients that although Matalan is likely to see strong sales growth this year, gross margins are unlikely to recover due to competition from the likes of Asda.
Shares in Matalan, once a contender for a place in the FTSE 100, ended 9p better at 540p yesterday, valuing the company at £2.2bn.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Next books first FY profit fall in eight years
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing