USA: SGS OptiTex Announces New Name, Location, Products
"Previously located in Philadelphia, PA, moving to New York City brings us closer to our customers and business partners, and allows us to more efficiently serve the sewn-goods industry," the company said in a statement.
The North American headquarters will provide services such as sales, product demonstrations, training, and support for the United States, Canada, and Mexico.
The company had also released OptiTex version 9 which integrates 2D and 3D product development tools.
Flat patterns created in OptiTex PDS, or converted from other CAD systems, can now be viewed on physical parametric virtual models, and checked for construction, fit and draping without having to switch between different applications the firm says.
The results, including fabric designs, can be shared via standard web browsers with others in the product development process. The 3D collaboration tool can also be used in conjunction with conceptual textile design systems to generate virtual storyboards for merchandising.
Software providers Zweave and OptiTex have signed a deal to develop, deliver and support 3D collaborative product lifecycle management solutions for the apparel industry....
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Bagir CEO says suit-maker is back on track
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Fruit of the Loom CEO Medlin dies suddenly
- Crystal expands empowerment project to male staff
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack