ITALY: Shareholder group builds stake in Valentino
A group of shareholders has acquired a 14.5% share in Valentino Fashion Group, according to a report by financial daily Il Sole 24 Ore.
The shareholders, led by the Marzotto family, now have an option to raise their stake to 29.93% via an investment group, the report said.
The group may consider a complete takeover of the company, Il Sole suggested, without citing any sources.
This would also mean a buyout offer for the Hugo Boss fashion house, it said.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
True Religion Apparel has announced the appointment of Caius Olowu as senior designer for its women's sportswear line....
Upmarket goods firm Hugo Boss is planning to open further flagship stores as well as making international acquisitions, CEO Bruno Saelzer told Sueddeutsche Zeitung....
Eric Jennings has joined Hickey-Freeman Co as brand director of the company's hickey collection....
The Hugo Boss fashion group posted increased sales by 14% to EUR1.50bn (US$1.95bn) in fiscal 2006, compared to EUR1.31bn in 2005....
Valentino Fashion Group has named Stefano Sassi as its new chief executive following a five-month search....
Luxury firm Hugo Boss sees potential in children's fashion and also views China as an important fashion market, chief executive Bruno Saelzer said yesterday (2 November)....
Shirt maker Esquel Group has opened a new woven factory in Gaoming in China's Guangdong province....
Luxury goods firm Hugo Boss has is to implement S3 Group's Warehouse Management System (WMS) in its Cleveland, Ohio and Savannah, Georgia distribution centres....
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Does a hard Brexit mean hard times for UK fashion?
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Primark challenges critics with cotton initiative
- Li & Fung dropped from Hang Seng Index
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- Vietnam apparel exports miss 2016 target
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- H&M leads Better Cotton league
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022