US: Shareholders approve Collective Brands sale
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms.
At a meeting held yesterday (21 August), the company's shareholders approved the agreement and planned merger, according to an SEC filing.
In May, Collective Brands agreed to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and investment firms Blum Capital partners and Golden Gate Capital in a US$2bn deal worth $21.75 per share.
Wolverine will now operate Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, including the wholesale and retail operations of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite and Keds brands.
Meanwhile, Blum Capital and Golden Gate will take on the operations of Payless Shoesource and Collective Licensing International, which is expected to operate as a standalone entity.
Payless will continue to be headquartered in Topeka, Kansas and CLI in Englewood, Colorado.
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- Hungary offers a mix of strengths and weaknesses
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- US Q3 in brief: Burlington Stores, Guess, Chico's
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- Golden Lady creates a new man-made fibre
- China and ASEAN upgrade FTA
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015