US: Shareholders approve Collective Brands sale
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms.
At a meeting held yesterday (21 August), the company's shareholders approved the agreement and planned merger, according to an SEC filing.
In May, Collective Brands agreed to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and investment firms Blum Capital partners and Golden Gate Capital in a US$2bn deal worth $21.75 per share.
Wolverine will now operate Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, including the wholesale and retail operations of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite and Keds brands.
Meanwhile, Blum Capital and Golden Gate will take on the operations of Payless Shoesource and Collective Licensing International, which is expected to operate as a standalone entity.
Payless will continue to be headquartered in Topeka, Kansas and CLI in Englewood, Colorado.
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- Li & Fung looks to new frontiers for growth
- SOURCING: Worldwide change in cost competitiveness
- Gap impressed with supply chain improvements
- More licensing and less M&A for Global Brands
- Better Work programme poised to expand
- Cambodia mass faintings rise to 896 in first-half
- China minimum wage rises will be tough to handle
- Cambodia garment industry hit with fresh strikes
- Ralph Lauren unveils high-performance Polo shirt
- Cambodia garment makers condemn strike protests
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Prospects for the Textile and Clothing Industry in Turkey
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Knitting Mills - Company Names, Financial Performance, Key Executives, and Contact Details
- China - ISA Country Report