US: Shareholders approve Collective Brands sale
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms.
At a meeting held yesterday (21 August), the company's shareholders approved the agreement and planned merger, according to an SEC filing.
In May, Collective Brands agreed to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and investment firms Blum Capital partners and Golden Gate Capital in a US$2bn deal worth $21.75 per share.
Wolverine will now operate Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, including the wholesale and retail operations of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite and Keds brands.
Meanwhile, Blum Capital and Golden Gate will take on the operations of Payless Shoesource and Collective Licensing International, which is expected to operate as a standalone entity.
Payless will continue to be headquartered in Topeka, Kansas and CLI in Englewood, Colorado.
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Li & Fung capital helps PLM firm expand into Asia
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- The current state of play in world garment exports
- Adidas investigating Cambodia faintings
- Footwear “facing increased compliance challenges"
- Matalan defends its position on Bangladesh
- Arrests made at US REI/North Face protests
- North Face commits to 100% recycled polyester
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Survey of the European Fabric Fairs: Spring/Summer 2015
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report