US: Shareholders approve Collective Brands sale
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms.
At a meeting held yesterday (21 August), the company's shareholders approved the agreement and planned merger, according to an SEC filing.
In May, Collective Brands agreed to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and investment firms Blum Capital partners and Golden Gate Capital in a US$2bn deal worth $21.75 per share.
Wolverine will now operate Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, including the wholesale and retail operations of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite and Keds brands.
Meanwhile, Blum Capital and Golden Gate will take on the operations of Payless Shoesource and Collective Licensing International, which is expected to operate as a standalone entity.
Payless will continue to be headquartered in Topeka, Kansas and CLI in Englewood, Colorado.
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- How apparel retailers should react to Brexit
- Big data helps Crystal Group sustainability gains
- Britain votes for Brexit – what happens next?
- Brexit and the apparel industry – what lies ahead?
- Brexit uncertainty over pending EU trade deals
- Under Armour opens manufacturing innovation hub
- Brexit to halt deflation in UK clothing sector
- Walmart's 'Made in USA' pledge misleading
- Nike faces domestic and future order headwinds
- Uniqlo said to be scaling back US expansion
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Primark Stores Limited: Retailing - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Denmark
- Clothing & Footwear Retailing in Indonesia– Market Summary & Forecasts
- Luxury Goods Retailing in Europe, 2014-2019 ; Market & Category Expenditure and Forecasts, Trends, and Competitive Landscape