US: Shareholders approve Collective Brands sale
Shareholders in footwear retailer Collective Brands have approved a deal to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and two private equity firms.
At a meeting held yesterday (21 August), the company's shareholders approved the agreement and planned merger, according to an SEC filing.
In May, Collective Brands agreed to sell the company to Wolverine Worldwide and investment firms Blum Capital partners and Golden Gate Capital in a US$2bn deal worth $21.75 per share.
Wolverine will now operate Collective Brands Performance + Lifestyle Group, including the wholesale and retail operations of the Sperry Top-Sider, Saucony, Stride Rite and Keds brands.
Meanwhile, Blum Capital and Golden Gate will take on the operations of Payless Shoesource and Collective Licensing International, which is expected to operate as a standalone entity.
Payless will continue to be headquartered in Topeka, Kansas and CLI in Englewood, Colorado.
Footwear chain Payless ShoeSource is laying off some 45 employees at its headquarters in Topeka and eliminating 97 open positions as part of ongoing restructuring efforts....
Footwear maker Wolverine Worldwide has today (8 January) outlined a number of organisational changes designed to help drive global growth following its acquisition of Collective Brands' Performance & ...
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack