CHINA: Sheuh-Hvei replaces Dekang as Bosideng CEO
Gao Dekang, the CEO of China's largest apparel group Bosideng, has stepped down from his role, to be replaced by Dr Liang Sheuh-Hvei.
The move, effective today (15 May), will facilitate a "precise division of managerial roles" between labour and management, Bosideng said. Dekang will remain as the company's chairman and executive director, responsible for the overall strategic development of the group.
"As the company grows, there is an increasing need for professional talents and to have precise division of managerial roles, in order to lay a more solid foundation for the long term development," Bosideng said. "Specifically, the division of roles between the chairman and chief executive officer will enhance the company's corporate governance."
Sheuh-Hvei has over 20 years of experience in strategic development and operational management of listed corporations. Prior to joining Bosideng, he was the chief strategy officer of Daphne International Holdings and the COO of Goodbaby International Holdings.
An interactive databank with intelligence on the major apparel sourcing countries
- Sustainable fibres, finishes and processes at ITMA
- Freeing up working capital in the supply chain
- Five ways to tackle market and demand volatility
- ‘Fixing Fashion’ one stitch at a time
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Uniqlo under fire again for China worker abuses
- German sustainable textile scheme heads to Vietnam
- 3D tool uses product data to shake up shopping
- US Q3 in brief: Shoe Carnival, Caleres
- Fast Retailing in deal for laser treated garments
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015
- Trade and Trade Policy: The World’s Leading Clothing Exporters and Key Markets 2015
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory