UK: Shirt maker Charles Tyrwhitt expands into India
London-based shirt maker Charles Tyrwhitt has expanded into India through its relationship with super premium lifestyle retailer The Collective Store.
Launched last month in Mumbai by Madura Garments Lifestyle Retail (part of the Aditya Birla Group), The Collective is the anchor store at the Palladium - which is described as India's "first and only luxury destination."
Charles Tyrwhitt is one of the luxury men's wear brands being stocked in the store.
The company, which sells to over 77 countries worldwide, says it is planning further expansion in India in April 2010.
Charles Tyrwhitt has also made huge in-roads into the German market, with mail order and internet sales up 52% year-on-year.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- 3D CAD comes of age
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- US Q4 in brief – G-III Apparel, Finish Line
- Levi Strauss and ILO probe Cambodia factory death
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack