US: Shoe Carnival Q3 profit rises 15.4% on sales
- Q3 earnings rose 15.4% to $10.5m from $9.1m
- Net sales up 5.4% to $215.5m from $204.4m
- Comparable store sales increased 2.8%
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival Inc has seen its third quarter profit jump 15.4% thanks to "record" sales.
"Positive sales results early in the back-to-school season were partially offset by lower than expected store traffic trends in late September and throughout October," said president and CEO Mark Lemond.
"While our third quarter performance was in the middle of our earnings expectations, it still represents the highest quarterly sales and earnings in our company's history."
He added that the sales trends reflect the "impact of an unusually warm fall sales season as compared to last year. As a result, we expect our sales trends will strengthen throughout the fourth quarter as the weather becomes more seasonal."
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Value-priced footwear retailer Shoe Carnival has appointed James Aschleman to its board of directors....
Shoe Carnival saw fourth-quarter net earnings decline as gross margin fell over the period....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- US textile industry applauds Trump executive order
- Pentland Brands reveals Berghaus factory list
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report