USA: Shoe Carnival Reports Record May Sales; Total Sales Increase 16 Percent
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL), a leading retailer of value-priced footwear and accessories, today reported sales for the four-week period ended May 27, 2000 increased 16 percent to $31.1 million from sales of $26.8 million for the four-week period ended May 29, 1999. Comparable store sales decreased 1.5 percent in May 2000.Sales for the first four months of 2000 increased 20.6 percent to $126.5 million from sales of $104.9 million for the first four months of 1999. Comparable store sales increased by 0.7 percent for the seventeen-week period.Shoe Carnival is a chain of 147 footwear stores located in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Combining value pricing with an entertaining store format, Shoe Carnival is a leading retailer of name brand and private label footwear for the entire family. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Shoe Carnival trades on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol SCVL. Shoe Carnival's press releases and annual report are available on the Company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth