USA: Shoe Carnival Reports Record May Sales; Total Sales Increase 16 Percent
Shoe Carnival, Inc. (Nasdaq: SCVL), a leading retailer of value-priced footwear and accessories, today reported sales for the four-week period ended May 27, 2000 increased 16 percent to $31.1 million from sales of $26.8 million for the four-week period ended May 29, 1999. Comparable store sales decreased 1.5 percent in May 2000.Sales for the first four months of 2000 increased 20.6 percent to $126.5 million from sales of $104.9 million for the first four months of 1999. Comparable store sales increased by 0.7 percent for the seventeen-week period.Shoe Carnival is a chain of 147 footwear stores located in the Midwest, South and Southeast. Combining value pricing with an entertaining store format, Shoe Carnival is a leading retailer of name brand and private label footwear for the entire family. Headquartered in Evansville, IN, Shoe Carnival trades on the Nasdaq Stock Market under the symbol SCVL. Shoe Carnival's press releases and annual report are available on the Company's website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- US Q4 in brief – Macy's, Walmart, VF Corp
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar