THE PHILIPPINES: Shoe Chiefs Demand Labelling Crackdown
Shoe industry chiefs on Monday called for a government crackdown on low-cost imports from China and the rest of Asia amid claims they are devastating the domestic industry and confusing consumers. Officials want the country's Department of Trade and Industry to more strictly enforce labelling laws to protect shoppers from sub-standard or counterfeit footwear imported from the region.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth