USA: Shoe Company Weyco To Launch SAO Brand In Europe
Weyco Group, a manufacturer and marketer of men's casual, fashion, and dress shoes, today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Urban Trends Sports BV, based in the Netherlands. The agreement covers the introduction and distribution of "SAO by Stacy Adams" footwear for the European community.SAO, launched by the company's Stacy Adams division in 1998, is a casual footwear brand with a streetwear fashion dimension. It is currently sold in department, specialty, athletic, and footwear stores throughout the United States and Canada.The agreement, which extends through to 2006, follows a successful European test market and represents a significant expansion for the SAO brand. Urban Trends Trading will have the exclusive right to sell SAO in Europe and the company will invest a fixed percentage of the sales volume towards building the brand throughout Europe.In addition to SAO, Weyco Group owns the Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams, and Brass Boot brands. Urban Trends is an importer and distributor of footwear and apparel, and currently markets the Karl Kani and RP55 brands within Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020