USA: Shoe Company Weyco To Launch SAO Brand In Europe
Weyco Group, a manufacturer and marketer of men's casual, fashion, and dress shoes, today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Urban Trends Sports BV, based in the Netherlands. The agreement covers the introduction and distribution of "SAO by Stacy Adams" footwear for the European community.SAO, launched by the company's Stacy Adams division in 1998, is a casual footwear brand with a streetwear fashion dimension. It is currently sold in department, specialty, athletic, and footwear stores throughout the United States and Canada.The agreement, which extends through to 2006, follows a successful European test market and represents a significant expansion for the SAO brand. Urban Trends Trading will have the exclusive right to sell SAO in Europe and the company will invest a fixed percentage of the sales volume towards building the brand throughout Europe.In addition to SAO, Weyco Group owns the Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams, and Brass Boot brands. Urban Trends is an importer and distributor of footwear and apparel, and currently markets the Karl Kani and RP55 brands within Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack