USA: Shoe Company Weyco To Launch SAO Brand In Europe
Weyco Group, a manufacturer and marketer of men's casual, fashion, and dress shoes, today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Urban Trends Sports BV, based in the Netherlands. The agreement covers the introduction and distribution of "SAO by Stacy Adams" footwear for the European community.SAO, launched by the company's Stacy Adams division in 1998, is a casual footwear brand with a streetwear fashion dimension. It is currently sold in department, specialty, athletic, and footwear stores throughout the United States and Canada.The agreement, which extends through to 2006, follows a successful European test market and represents a significant expansion for the SAO brand. Urban Trends Trading will have the exclusive right to sell SAO in Europe and the company will invest a fixed percentage of the sales volume towards building the brand throughout Europe.In addition to SAO, Weyco Group owns the Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams, and Brass Boot brands. Urban Trends is an importer and distributor of footwear and apparel, and currently markets the Karl Kani and RP55 brands within Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022