USA: Shoe Company Weyco To Launch SAO Brand In Europe
Weyco Group, a manufacturer and marketer of men's casual, fashion, and dress shoes, today announced that it has signed a distribution agreement with Urban Trends Sports BV, based in the Netherlands. The agreement covers the introduction and distribution of "SAO by Stacy Adams" footwear for the European community.SAO, launched by the company's Stacy Adams division in 1998, is a casual footwear brand with a streetwear fashion dimension. It is currently sold in department, specialty, athletic, and footwear stores throughout the United States and Canada.The agreement, which extends through to 2006, follows a successful European test market and represents a significant expansion for the SAO brand. Urban Trends Trading will have the exclusive right to sell SAO in Europe and the company will invest a fixed percentage of the sales volume towards building the brand throughout Europe.In addition to SAO, Weyco Group owns the Nunn Bush, Stacy Adams, and Brass Boot brands. Urban Trends is an importer and distributor of footwear and apparel, and currently markets the Karl Kani and RP55 brands within Europe.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Foot Locker, Nordstrom, Carter's
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Inditex and H&M boycott Dhaka Apparel Summit
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022