PORTUGAL: Shoe Firm Puts 300 Workers On Unpaid Leave
The manager of the plant in Seia said the move was sparked by a slowdown in orders but denied claims the company was experiencing financial problems or planned to shut the factory.
The firm makes nearly nine million pairs of shoes a year under several brands including Ara, Superfit, Legero and Think.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores