JAPAN: Shoe firms to boost Vietnam-based production
Sportswear companies Mizuno and Asics are looking to seek out production facilities in Vietnam to avoid more expensive labour costs in China, it has been reported.
According to local media, labour costs and environmental regulations are set to increase in China during the lead up to next year's Beijing Olympics.
Asia Pulse reported that Mizuno will have made 1m pairs of footwear in Vietnam during this year, rising to 4m in the next five years. The report said that Asics, meanwhile, has produced 6m shoes from two Vietnamese facilities.
Mizuno UK was not able to comment on the reports immediately when contacted by just-style today (18 October).
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Vietnam ranked as one of the top five apparel suppliers to the EU last year, helped by falling prices and curbs on shipments from China. According to a new report by Textiles Intelligence, Vietnam’s E...
Sports goods company Asics has moved to clarify its plans for retail expansion in mainland China....
Sports goods company Asics in the midst of a retail expansion programme on the Chinese mainland involving its Onitsuka Tiger brand, according to local press reports....
Third quarter profit at Japanese running shoe specialist Asics Corporation has risen by 1.1% to JPY12.bn (US$116m), pushed forward by strong footwear revenues....
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- Trade Tracker – Trump's first weeks, Brexit agenda
- Key trade issues facing US textiles and apparel
- Bangladesh "high threat" for terrorist activity
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Sales at US clothing retailers jumped in January
- Ralph Lauren new execs to support Way Forward Plan
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022