BRAZIL: Shoe Giant Grendene Settles Patent Lawsuit
The world's largest footwear maker, Grendene SA, on Thursday said it had settled its patent and trade dress infringement lawsuit with Luichiny Inc and received an unspecified amount of damages. The Farroupilha-based firm, which made more than 117 million pairs of shoes last year, said in a news release the litigation revolved around its design patent and trade dress rights in its Love System shoe sold under the Melissa brand.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- Bangladesh slips as US imports decline in October
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- World cotton price prospects lifted again
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores