THE CZECH REPUBLIC: Shoe Industry Threatened By China
Czech shoe manufactures have voiced fears that cheap imports of Chinese-produced shoes may signal the end of Czech shoe manufacturing.
Shoes from China now make up approximately 75 per cent of the Czech shoe market, according to the president of the Association of Czech Shoemakers, Petr Kubat.
Kubat said that shoe manufacturing within the Czech Republic fell from 71 million pairs in 1990 to 5m last year.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Oxford Industries, Genesco
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Adidas NYC flagship raises the bar on sport stores