AUSTRIA: Shoe Maker Gabor To Axe 300 Jobs?
German footwear manufacturer Gabor is set to axe 300 workers at its Austrian unit, it was claimed on Wednesday. The mayor of the Austrian town of Spittal where the unit is based said the firm will publicly announce its plans to lay-off up to a third of its 900-strong workforce in the next few days.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"