THAILAND: Shoe Maker MTM Goes Live With ERP System
Thai footwear manufacturer Muang Thong Mahachai (MTM) has become one of the first companies in the Asia Pacific region to go live with Geac's next generation enterprise resource planning (ERP) system.
"System21 Aurora offers a technology platform that allows MTM to grow and expand internally and externally with our trading partners - customers, distributors and suppliers," said Surasak Jinapun, vice president at MTM.
"The new user Workspace interface, which is web-enabled, is very user friendly and will increase user productivity by connecting to external applications."
MTM employs over 2000 people and makes a range of footwear including canvas, sports, snow boots, injection shoes, safety shoes, army boots and fashion footwear, for both export markets and OEM brands.
It also produces local brands such as Gold City, Planet, Nature, Fight, Sunshine and Sunwood, which are sold to more than 1000 retail outlets across Thailand.
However, its ability to compete with manufacturers from other countries - most importantly, China - has been inhibited by its use of manual systems to manage its operations.
"We foresee enormous potential to extend our ERP system to capture more sales orders throughout Thailand," adds Surasak Jinapun.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Outlook 2017 – What next for apparel sourcing?
- $1.7bn package to boost Pakistan clothing exports
- Mexico riots hit apparel retailers and shipments
- M&S clothing growth – What the analysts say
- Is China about to burst its apparel trade bubble?
- MAS Holdings planning second industrial park
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Aéropostale to reopen 500 stores across the US
- JC Penney latest retailer to shutter stores?
- Target leads funding for mobile quality inspection
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar