USA: Shoe Maker Vans Names New Marketing Chief
Murray will take responsibility for all product and marketing initiatives having been promoted from his former role as senior vice president of international, product merchandising and apparel.
The California-based company said in a statement that Michael Jonte had resigned as vice president, footwear, and Chuck Kupfner had resigned as vice president, controller, effective September 30.
It added Jay Wilson, vice president, global marketing, will focus on its entertainment-related assets and other projects such as licensing.
Commenting on the changes, Vans CEO and president Gary Schoenfeld, said: "These and other recent changes we have made should better position us to execute our core business and further capitalise on the strength of our brand while also reducing our expenses."
Companies: VF Corporation
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Lifestyle apparel group VF has experienced sales and earnings increases for both the full-year and fourth quarter of 2005, boosted by sales of outdoor clothing and equipment....
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Former employees of footwear and apparel company Vans Inc have been sentenced to 71 months in prison for obtaining $4.7 million in bribes and kickbacks from Chinese factories that made Vans merchandis...
Branded apparel company VF Corporation has completed its acquisition of surf-inspired footwear business Reef Holdings Corporation....
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report