USA: Shoe Pavilion Suffers $1.2m Q3 Loss
Cut-price footwear retailer Shoe Pavilion Inc has announced a third quarter net loss of $1.2 million, compared to a $104,000 loss suffered in the same period last year.
Despite the downturn, the Californian company's net sales increased 13.9 per cent for the quarter year-on-year to $21.6m, while comparable store net sales were up 4.7 per cent based on the same period in 2002.
During the third quarter, the company closed three stores, but has opened two new outlets in the fourth quarter so far, bringing its total operations to 86 stores.
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
Casual apparel maker VF Corp has reported a 17 per cent hike in third-quarter profit after good growth of outdoor apparel made up for lower sales of jeans brands....
Sew Cal Logo, which supplies apparel for the entertainment business and surf wear brands, has reported an 11.5 per cent rise in private-label business for spring and autumn 2006 compared to last year....
Footwear maker Yue Yuen Industrial Holdings Ltd has established a safety shoes joint venture in partnership with Upmax Investments Ltd. ...
Footwear group Deckers Outdoor Corporation has appointed Colin Clark as senior vice president - international, effective on 1 September 2005....
Branded apparel group VF Corporation has reported second-quarter sales growth as it invests into its core brands to maintain their leadership positions....
Branded apparel maker VF Corporation has announced a series of organisational changes aimed at streamlining its leadership structure and supporting the company's long-term growth plans....
Apparel manufacturer VF Corp has reported an 18 per cent leap in first-quarter income, encouraged by good business at its outdoor, imagewear and sportswear businesses following acquisitions....
Former employees of footwear and apparel company Vans Inc have been sentenced to 71 months in prison for obtaining $4.7 million in bribes and kickbacks from Chinese factories that made Vans merchandis...
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Why collaboration is key to fashion supply chains
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- US Q1 in brief – Columbia Sportswear, Amazon
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective