JAPAN: Shoe Retailer Marutomi Seeks Help To Ease Debts
Nagoka based shoe retailer Marutomi Group Co is seeking support from both trading house Mitsubishi Corp and investment firm Oaktree Capital Management LLC. Mitsubishi says it is considering the request 'positively'. An agressive expansion of Marutomi's shoe retail network - over 1,800 shops at peak - led to 76.1b yen worth of debts building up. The company filed for court protection from creditors in December last year. Since then, it has been engaged in efforts to recover, including selling or closing operations outside its core shoe business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Li & Fung eyes speed, innovation & digitalisation
- Digitalisation and data to disrupt supply chains
- 3D CAD comes of age
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Big data to help US firms improve clothing fit
- Labour rights risk Bangladesh EU trade benefits?
- Apparel group Sae-A opens second school in Haiti
- Hirdaramani to head WFSGI manufacturers committee
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack