JAPAN: Shoe Retailer Marutomi Seeks Help To Ease Debts
Nagoka based shoe retailer Marutomi Group Co is seeking support from both trading house Mitsubishi Corp and investment firm Oaktree Capital Management LLC. Mitsubishi says it is considering the request 'positively'. An agressive expansion of Marutomi's shoe retail network - over 1,800 shops at peak - led to 76.1b yen worth of debts building up. The company filed for court protection from creditors in December last year. Since then, it has been engaged in efforts to recover, including selling or closing operations outside its core shoe business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Software for financial planning and operations
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- US Q3 in brief – Genesco, G-III Apparel, Express
- Columbia waterproof jacket first made without PFCs
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"
- EU urged to adopt roadmap for Sri Lanka GSP+ bid
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack