JAPAN: Shoe Retailer Marutomi Seeks Help To Ease Debts
Nagoka based shoe retailer Marutomi Group Co is seeking support from both trading house Mitsubishi Corp and investment firm Oaktree Capital Management LLC. Mitsubishi says it is considering the request 'positively'. An agressive expansion of Marutomi's shoe retail network - over 1,800 shops at peak - led to 76.1b yen worth of debts building up. The company filed for court protection from creditors in December last year. Since then, it has been engaged in efforts to recover, including selling or closing operations outside its core shoe business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- China leads US apparel sources with falling prices
- Hard hit Turkish industry is not knocked out
- Vietnam grows share of US apparel imports in 2016
- "Power of the many" drives change at Otto Group
- US apparel sector braces for potential cost hikes
- US Q4 in brief – Kohl's, L Brands
- Bangladesh crackdown has cost garment sector $100m
- Adidas and Burberry recognised for sustainability
- Macy's will "do the right thing", says Lundgren
- VF Corp sees Q4 and FY earnings tumble
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Technical textile markets: product developments and innovations, December 2016
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022