JAPAN: Shoe Retailer Marutomi Seeks Help To Ease Debts
Nagoka based shoe retailer Marutomi Group Co is seeking support from both trading house Mitsubishi Corp and investment firm Oaktree Capital Management LLC. Mitsubishi says it is considering the request 'positively'. An agressive expansion of Marutomi's shoe retail network - over 1,800 shops at peak - led to 76.1b yen worth of debts building up. The company filed for court protection from creditors in December last year. Since then, it has been engaged in efforts to recover, including selling or closing operations outside its core shoe business.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020