FRANCE: Shoe retailer Spartoo.com wins EUR12m funding
Online footwear retailer Spartoo.com has secured EUR12m (US$17.5m) in additional funding to help accelerate the next stage of the company's growth.
The funding round has been led by Highland Capital Partners and Endeavour Vision, who have been joined by existing investors A Plus Finance and CM-CIC Capital Privé.
Created three years ago, Spartoo.com claims over 600 000 regular customers and more than 4m unique visitors.
And in a European market estimated at over EUR50bn it has seen its turnover multiply by 70 over the past three years.
The are more than 7 000 styles of women's, men's and children's shoes on its site, available with free delivery and return within 30 days.
"Spartoo.com is the clear European market leader in online footwear. I am very excited at the idea of working with this team to make Spartoo.com the European Zappos," said Fergal Mullen, general partner, Highland Capital Partners.
Will the recent decision by the Indian government to halt cotton exports have serious repercussions for garment makers around the globe? The answer, it seems, is yes and no....
Department store retailer John Lewis Partnership is taking a stand against mulesing, according to animal rights group PETA. ...
Outdoor apparel retailer Timberland is to launch a re-designed web store in the US later this summer and in the UK, Germany, Austria, France, Italy and Spain in 2011....
Italian footwear maker Geox Group saw its net income decline 26% during the first quarter of the year on the back of sloping sales....
World-leading sportswear company Nike is targeting revenues of US$27bn by the end of fiscal 2015, led by growth in emerging markets and hundreds of new Nike stores....
The Australian wool industry "needs to move forward with developing alternatives to mulesing [of sheep]," according to one of the top executives at the trade body representing some of the world's larg...
Despite getting off to "a solid start to 2010" with a 62% hike in first-quarter profit, outdoor footwear and clothing firm The Timberland Company has expressed concerns about rising material prices an...
- New American Apparel CEO sees solid platform
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- George at Asda on responsible retail journey
- Outlook 2015: Challenges and opportunities
- Philippines garment sector upbeat over EU GSP+
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Tommy Hilfiger digital showroom to reduce samples
- Fashion brands facing strong dollar “headwind”
- Adidas sells Rockport for $280m to focus on sports
- Adidas and Timberland commit to responsible down
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead