UK: Shop Direct full-year losses narrow to GBP57.7m
- Full-year pre-tax losses narrowed to GBP57.7m
- Group sales edged up 0.4% to GBP1.67bn
- Online sales rose 6%
Shop Direct Group, the UK's largest catalogue and online retailer and operator of the Littlewoods, Very and Isme businesses, has seen its full-year net losses narrow.
Pre-tax losses narrowed to GBP57.7m (US$92.2m) during the 12 months to the end of June, compared to GBP78.9m the year before, while EBITDA increased by 66% to GBP108.9m.
The company today (7 November) described its performance as "strong."
Full-year group sales, excluding VAT, edged up 0.4% to GBP1.67bn. Online grew 6%, with 75% of sales having been completed online during the year.
Very.co.uk and isme saw double-digit growth, buoyed by investment in own-brand
labels and expansion of its national brand portfolio.
Mark McMenemy, group finance and product director, said: "Despite the economic challenges, Shop Direct delivered a strong performance in 2011/12.
"We grew sales slightly despite increased pressures on customers, which demonstrates clearly the broad appeal of our brand, product and financial services offerings.
"By maintaining a clear focus on stock control, cash management and efficiency, we also ensured that we were able to mitigate the impact of increased promotional activity and significantly improve EBITDA performance during the year."
- Expensive US dollar hitting H&M sourcing costs
- Enthusiasm for tech in outdoor apparel on rise
- 2015: Welcome to the new fashion consumer
- Apparel industry gains traction says IAF chief
- Outlook 2015: What's happening with sourcing?
- Kanati pulls production out of Pakistan
- EU exploring responsible garment supply chains
- Gap to close Piperlime division
- Hanesbrands invests $1.5m in US hosiery plant
- US takes final step to WTO TFA implementation
- Myanmar's Garment Sector - Opportunities & Challenges in 2015
- Outdoor performance apparel: peaks, valleys, and green fields
- Apparel Retail: Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide
- Li & Fung Limited (494) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Management briefing: Outlook 2015: Apparel industry issues in the year ahead