USA: ShopKo May Retail Sales Increased 31.5%
ShopKo Stores, Inc. (NYSE: SKO) reported total retail sales for the four weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 31.5 percent to $270.9 million from $206.0 million during the same period last year. Included in current year results are $11.4 million in sales from 15 new ShopKo stores, which are currently not included in ShopKo's comparable store sales base, and $64.7 million in sales from 165 Pamida discount stores. The Pamida discount chain was acquired on July 6, 1999. ShopKo retail comparable store sales generated a 1.0 percent increase over a strong 9.5 percent increase for the same period last year. For the month of June, ShopKo retail comparable store sales gains are anticipated to be in the 0-3 percent range over a robust 13.1 percent increase for the same period last year. The company remains confident in the annualized ShopKo retail comparable store sales gains of 3-5 percent. Total retail sales for the cumulative seventeen weeks ended May 27, 2000 increased 36.0 percent to $1,020.5 million from $750.4 million for the same period last year. ShopKo retail comparable stores sales increased 2.2 percent over an 8.4 percent increase for the same period last year.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Ethiopia violence undermines sourcing strategies
- Marks & Spencer top for modern slavery reporting
- Bangladesh garment workers rally for higher wages
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- H&M CEO named sustainability leader
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020