USA: Shopping For Apparel Online Gains Popularity Survey Reports
The future looks promising for online retailers that feature clothing on their sites. A recent survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the world's largest professional services organisation, indicates that while shopping for apparel online is increasing among Internet users, familiarity with established retailers and brand trust drives site selection and purchase incidence. Since the PricewaterhouseCoopers E-Retail Intelligence System has been tracking online purchases by category, the percentage of Internet users reporting that they have purchased clothing online during the past month has doubled from 8 per cent in September 1999 to 16 percent in May 2000. According to Mary Brett Whitfield, Columbus-based principal consultant and director of the E-Retail Intelligence System: "The likely drivers of this increase include positive holiday experiences convincing some seasonal online purchasers to stick around, more established brands moving online, and more online apparel shopping options."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- British Brexit plans prioritise tariff-free trade
- NRF 2017 – Retail tech launches and developments
- New project to digitalise European fashion chains
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- JC Penney to roll out hundreds of Nike "shops"
- Cambodia clothing exports at risk from Brexit
- Apparel brands urge Bangladesh PM to address wages
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022