USA: Shopping For Apparel Online Gains Popularity Survey Reports
The future looks promising for online retailers that feature clothing on their sites. A recent survey conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers, the world's largest professional services organisation, indicates that while shopping for apparel online is increasing among Internet users, familiarity with established retailers and brand trust drives site selection and purchase incidence. Since the PricewaterhouseCoopers E-Retail Intelligence System has been tracking online purchases by category, the percentage of Internet users reporting that they have purchased clothing online during the past month has doubled from 8 per cent in September 1999 to 16 percent in May 2000. According to Mary Brett Whitfield, Columbus-based principal consultant and director of the E-Retail Intelligence System: "The likely drivers of this increase include positive holiday experiences convincing some seasonal online purchasers to stick around, more established brands moving online, and more online apparel shopping options."
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Rana Plaza four years on – Timeline of change
- Trump and Brexit get a dose of pragmatism
- Industry groups reaffirm commitment to Bangladesh
- Using worker surveys to drive supply chain change
- Where does VF supply chain sit in growth strategy?
- Adidas to digitalise Speedfactory concept
- Nike filed patent for "reinforced denim"
- Gap unveils five-year sustainable fibres pledge
- M&S extends sourcing deal with Lindsey brothers
- Adidas and Reebok top transparency index
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2022
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Clothing Market in the Top 5 American Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report