USA: Shopping Site SmartBargains Lands $33m First Round
SmartBargains, an online shopping site that features discounted brand name merchandise, said it secured $33m in its first round of funding, led by Highland Capital Partners. The company will use the funds to expand its inventory and set up its internal infrastructure. Other investors include America Online, Berkshire Partners, Dorset Capital, General Catalyst, Madison Dearborn, and the Gordon Brothers Group. The company also said it had reached an agreement with America Online to be a main tenant of AOL Bargain Basement, a new domain of Shop@AOL exclusive to members. AOL senior vice president Katherine Borsecnik has joined the SmartBargains board of directors.For more information, visit the company website at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Apparel factory auditing is in the firing line
- How US border adjustment tax could affect apparel
- Trump and the apparel industry – Infographic
- "Buy American, Hire American" to guide Trump trade
- Ten retail trends to watch for in 2017
- Trump signs order to withdraw from TPP
- UK clothing factory workers paid half minimum wage
- Brands need to tackle Turkey factory refugee abuse
- Patagonia launching circular economy platform
- Auditing "in need of reinvention" says new project
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Anti-odour clothing: fresh fashion for an active lifestyle
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022