USA: Silhouettes(R) Partners With FIT to Launch Student Careers in Fashion: Silhouettes Recognizes Students for Designing Plus-Size Apparel
In a groundbreaking project to launch careers for fashion students, Silhouettes, in collaboration with the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), today recognized eleven student designers for innovation in women's plus-size apparel.Silhouettes is a leading catalog and online retailer featuring moderate to better fashion apparel and accessories for women size 12W-34W. This year, Silhouettes has underwritten and sponsored a project focused on design and challenging FIT students to create original clothing for the plus-size market. Combining creative expression and career aspiration is central to the FIT education, and that approach is the driving force behind Silhouettes' link to the Fashion Institute of Technology. FIT has been a primary staffing resource for the fashion industry for nearly 60 years. Today, with more than 12,000 students and 30 fields of study, FIT has a firm commitment to career-focused education.Stephen Marks, president of Silhouettes, organized the alliance with the goal of creating an opportunity for students to acquire real-world experience. "For many years we have envisioned an alliance with FIT," says Marks. "We view the Silhouettes project at FIT as a living laboratory and as a stage for the ideas and designs of students to come alive. The positive learning and interaction between our professionals and the students continue, and we are dedicating ourselves to FIT and the future of fashion," declared Marks.A panel comprised of executives from Silhouettes and FIT chose eleven students to honor. A selection of their designs will be available in a variety of Silhouettes catalogs and on the website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How PVH is paving the way for connected apparel
- Child refugees found in Turkey apparel factories
- US Q3 in brief - Rocky Brands, Gymboree Corp
- Chinese manufacturer invests $20m in US facility
- Managing change in the move to new tech tools
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020