USA: Silhouettes(R) Partners With FIT to Launch Student Careers in Fashion: Silhouettes Recognizes Students for Designing Plus-Size Apparel
In a groundbreaking project to launch careers for fashion students, Silhouettes, in collaboration with the Fashion Institute of Technology (FIT), today recognized eleven student designers for innovation in women's plus-size apparel.Silhouettes is a leading catalog and online retailer featuring moderate to better fashion apparel and accessories for women size 12W-34W. This year, Silhouettes has underwritten and sponsored a project focused on design and challenging FIT students to create original clothing for the plus-size market. Combining creative expression and career aspiration is central to the FIT education, and that approach is the driving force behind Silhouettes' link to the Fashion Institute of Technology. FIT has been a primary staffing resource for the fashion industry for nearly 60 years. Today, with more than 12,000 students and 30 fields of study, FIT has a firm commitment to career-focused education.Stephen Marks, president of Silhouettes, organized the alliance with the goal of creating an opportunity for students to acquire real-world experience. "For many years we have envisioned an alliance with FIT," says Marks. "We view the Silhouettes project at FIT as a living laboratory and as a stage for the ideas and designs of students to come alive. The positive learning and interaction between our professionals and the students continue, and we are dedicating ourselves to FIT and the future of fashion," declared Marks.A panel comprised of executives from Silhouettes and FIT chose eleven students to honor. A selection of their designs will be available in a variety of Silhouettes catalogs and on the website,
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective