INDIA: Silk Exports Up On Strong US Demand
According to provisional figures from the Silk Export Promotion Council, silk exports in the April to August period rose to $183.3 million from $169.6m in the year-ago period.
It added that if that trend continues then the industry should be able to achieve its revised silk export target of $500m.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- US Q3 in brief – Sears, Vince Holding, Genesco
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"