UK: Silk Industries' Hopes For The Euro
Silk Industries is pinning its hopes on seeing a converging of sterling and the Euro towards a more equitable rate. Shareholders heard at the recent annual general meeting that exports account for half of the group's turnover. A spokesman said: "... we hope that, whatever agenda unfolds for joining the Euro, we soon see a converging of sterling and the Euro towards a more equitable rate." The company said that current trading is strong in the group as it now stands in Sudbury, Crayford and Macclesfield. The loss-making Paul Costelloe business is now out of the way, said Silk Industries, and it is now looking at "blue skies". The company has announced it is investing in electronic jacquards, networked loom controllers, and advanced warp preparation equipment to improve design diversity and lead times.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
- Fashion fit for the future – strategies for speed
- Will new Vietnam wage hinder competitiveness?
- Digitisation to drive new apparel-making models
- Under Armour Lighthouse will disrupt production
- How TAL Apparel is staying ahead of the game
- Gap to shutter all UK Banana Republic stores
- M&S "unappealing" clothing a barrier to growth
- MAS Holdings shares commitment to sustainability
- Reebok Liquid Factory reinvents shoe production
- Bangladesh tops China as lead cotton importer
- Africa-Med strategic sourcing review – comparing East Africa, North Africa and Turkey
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Apparel (GLOBAL) - Industry Report
- Global Sports and Fitness Wear Market 2016-2020