CHINA: Silk Street market owners roll out brand
The Beijing Silk Street Co, which owns China's famous Silk Street market, is launching its own brand to capitalise on the popular tourist attraction ahead of the Olympics.
The company will roll out its own label there, called Silkstreet, comprising of shirts, teacups and other goods, reported the Associated Press.
According to AP, it has also issued a warning to any counterfeiters attempting to sell fake Silkstreet goods at the market, which over the years has been the subject of a number of fake goods crackdowns.
In April 2006 five luxury fashion companies triumphed against fake good sellers on Silk Street when the Higher People's Court in Beijing ordered operators and vendors to pay CNY20,000 (US$2,500) to the likes of Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Prada, Burberry and Gucci for breaking copyright law.
Following this, some of the world's biggest fashion and sportswear brands signed a deal with landlords at Beijing's retail markets to stop the sale of counterfeit bags and clothing in June 2006.
With a trademark trench coat, Equestrian Knight logo and registered check pattern, Burberry is dressed for battle in the luxury goods market. This week the group posted healthy quarterly sales growth ...
Demand for fake fashion continues to grow at an alarming rate according to a new report from just-style, with captured shipments indicating that around 20% of all athletic merchandise is fake. Despite...
Here is a roundup of the top five most-read stories on just-style this week. Click on each headline for the full story....
Luxury fashion and accessories brand Burberry Group Plc has shrugged off fears of a slowdown in the luxury sector by posting a 26% jump in sales in the first three months of its financial year....
A French court today (30 June) ordered online auction site eBay to pay EUR40m (US$63m) to luxury goods group LVMH for selling fake copies of its products....
Luxury fashion channel HSN is to launch a limited edition women's wear collection designed by Sex and the City designer Patricia Field this September....
French Customs officers in Lyon have seized more than 35,000 "mediocre quality" fake copies of leading-brands valued at more than EUR3.2m (US$4.95m)....
Orla Kiely, the London-based design firm headed by husband and wife team Orla Kiely and Dermott Rowan, has won the top prize in the UK Fashion Export Awards 2008....
- Traditional financing is a misfit for fast fashion
- Why do modern robotics elude sportswear makers?
- Trump trade policy – Who knows what he'll do?
- Planning is key to an effective inventory strategy
- How would end of NAFTA affect US apparel industry?
- US Q3 in brief - G-III Apparel, Express
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Bagir exports first trousers for H&M from Ethiopia
- Film documents Cambodia garment workers' stories
- Pakistan suspends India cotton imports
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective
- Global market review of lingerie – forecasts to 2022
- Global apparel markets: product developments and innovations, October 2016
- Footwear Top 5 Emerging Markets Industry Guide_2016
- REPORT BUNDLE: Africa-Med, Southeast Asia and Central America strategic sourcing pack