JAPAN: Silver Ox files for bankruptcy
Major Japanese underwear maker Silver Ox has filed for bankruptcy with debts amounting to more than JPY5.7bn (US$62m).
The Osaka-based company, which filed for protection from creditors Tuesday, has run a year of losses and decreasing sales.
Silver Ox logged a net loss of JPY300m for the year ended 31 March on sales of JPY19.6bn.
By Michael Fitzpatrick.
- Steps to piloting living wage in garment factories
- How to ensure sustainability is more than a slogan
- Trump blows the case for Brexit out of the water
- US apparel retailers' November 2016 sales roundup
- Duty-free trade key to build Africa supply chains
- US Q3 in brief – Destination Maternity, Cherokee
- Esquel efficiency drive continues to boost brands
- Taiwan textile maker investing in first US plant
- Outdoor apparel sector set for double-digit growth
- Myanmar garment industry "lacking labour rights"