FRANCE: Silverfleet Capital buys La Fée Maraboutée for EUR65m
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired La Fée Maraboutée, a French wholesaler and retailer of women's fashion, for EUR65m (US$85.6m).
The investor, which is a former backer of UK fashion chain Oasis and counts footwear retailer Office within its current portfolio, says La Fée Maraboutée has the potential to grow strongly both in Europe and worldwide.
Based in Roanne near Lyon, the women's fashion brand is distributed by around 1,700 French and international wholesalers, as well as a network of 90 stores, 37 of which are in China. Approximately 35% of its total sales are to customers outside France.
In the year ended December 2012 the company is expected to have generated sales of EUR46m, 80% from its wholesale business and 20% from its own retail organisation.
Company founder and current head designer, Jean-Pierre Braillard, is making a significant investment alongside Silverfleet Capital, as are joint-CEOs Jean-Christophe Astruc and Thierry Pérusat.
Also investing in the company is Georges Spitzer, the former CEO of Givenchy and Du Pareil au Même, who will join the supervisory board as chairman.
- Under Armour defends questions over strategy
- Cheap polyester contributes to cotton import shift
- TPP trade pact in milestone signing by 12 nations
- Combating the new normal – 10 trends for 2016
- Gap deepens social and environmental efforts
- Bangladesh factory fire renews worker safety fears
- Syrian refugee children found in Turkish factories
- China factory activity continues to deteriorate
- Southeast Asia – a strategic sourcing review
- H&M and Primark price rivalry reaches equilibrium
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2021
- Wearable Technology Market by Product, Application, Type, & Geography - Global Forecast to 2020
- E-Textiles: Electronic Textiles 2014-2024