FRANCE: Silverfleet Capital buys La Fée Maraboutée for EUR65m
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired La Fée Maraboutée, a French wholesaler and retailer of women's fashion, for EUR65m (US$85.6m).
The investor, which is a former backer of UK fashion chain Oasis and counts footwear retailer Office within its current portfolio, says La Fée Maraboutée has the potential to grow strongly both in Europe and worldwide.
Based in Roanne near Lyon, the women's fashion brand is distributed by around 1,700 French and international wholesalers, as well as a network of 90 stores, 37 of which are in China. Approximately 35% of its total sales are to customers outside France.
In the year ended December 2012 the company is expected to have generated sales of EUR46m, 80% from its wholesale business and 20% from its own retail organisation.
Company founder and current head designer, Jean-Pierre Braillard, is making a significant investment alongside Silverfleet Capital, as are joint-CEOs Jean-Christophe Astruc and Thierry Pérusat.
Also investing in the company is Georges Spitzer, the former CEO of Givenchy and Du Pareil au Même, who will join the supervisory board as chairman.
- Indian apparel exporters discuss policy changes
- INTERVIEW: David Nieper pushes Made in UK momentum
- Clothing seen as central focus for new Tesco CEO
- Is China's dream becoming a nightmare scenario?
- Wolverine Worldwide evolves to exceed new demands
- European MEPs call for more TTIP transparency
- Crystal Group improves worker communication
- TIMELINE: Charney ousting from American Apparel
- US cotton prices set for five-year low
- ILO backs Burma project to improve work practices