FRANCE: Silverfleet Capital buys La Fée Maraboutée for EUR65m
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired La Fée Maraboutée, a French wholesaler and retailer of women's fashion, for EUR65m (US$85.6m).
The investor, which is a former backer of UK fashion chain Oasis and counts footwear retailer Office within its current portfolio, says La Fée Maraboutée has the potential to grow strongly both in Europe and worldwide.
Based in Roanne near Lyon, the women's fashion brand is distributed by around 1,700 French and international wholesalers, as well as a network of 90 stores, 37 of which are in China. Approximately 35% of its total sales are to customers outside France.
In the year ended December 2012 the company is expected to have generated sales of EUR46m, 80% from its wholesale business and 20% from its own retail organisation.
Company founder and current head designer, Jean-Pierre Braillard, is making a significant investment alongside Silverfleet Capital, as are joint-CEOs Jean-Christophe Astruc and Thierry Pérusat.
Also investing in the company is Georges Spitzer, the former CEO of Givenchy and Du Pareil au Même, who will join the supervisory board as chairman.
- Why China 5-year plan won't change garment-making
- Supply chains under pressure as Black Friday looms
- Jordan garment sector strong amid regional unrest
- Navigating a turbulent sourcing landscape
- C&A building brand loyalty through consistent fit
- US Q3 in brief: DSW, Chico's, Abercrombie & Fitch
- Adidas has greenest textile supply chain in China
- Global clothing and footwear trade to drop by 1.5%
- Cambodia living wage campaign kicks off
- New Balance launches first 3D printed running shoe
- Wearable technology: The future market potential for smart garments and e-textiles
- Practical Brand Sourcing Strategy
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Technical Textile Markets: Product Developments and Innovations - 2nd Quarter 2015
- Statistics: Trends in Global and Regional Man-made Fibre Production - 2015