FRANCE: Silverfleet Capital buys La Fée Maraboutée for EUR65m
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired La Fée Maraboutée, a French wholesaler and retailer of women's fashion, for EUR65m (US$85.6m).
The investor, which is a former backer of UK fashion chain Oasis and counts footwear retailer Office within its current portfolio, says La Fée Maraboutée has the potential to grow strongly both in Europe and worldwide.
Based in Roanne near Lyon, the women's fashion brand is distributed by around 1,700 French and international wholesalers, as well as a network of 90 stores, 37 of which are in China. Approximately 35% of its total sales are to customers outside France.
In the year ended December 2012 the company is expected to have generated sales of EUR46m, 80% from its wholesale business and 20% from its own retail organisation.
Company founder and current head designer, Jean-Pierre Braillard, is making a significant investment alongside Silverfleet Capital, as are joint-CEOs Jean-Christophe Astruc and Thierry Pérusat.
Also investing in the company is Georges Spitzer, the former CEO of Givenchy and Du Pareil au Même, who will join the supervisory board as chairman.
- The new age of disruption on apparel production
- Will Vietnam struggle with impending trade deals?
- Yuan devaluation impact mixed for garment firms
- China devaluation: what’s the big deal?
- Kurt Cavano on “the Uberfication of everything”
- US Q2 in brief: J Crew, Aeropostale, Bebe Stores
- Adidas seeking to resolve shoe supplier dispute
- Stock-out paradox persists despite data overload
- Luen Thai to continue investment in Vietnam
- New fabric protection with battlefield beginnings
- Global Database of the Top 1000 Apparel Producers - Company Names, Financial Performance, and Contact Details
- Myanmar's Garment Sector in 2015 - now with updated members' directory
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry
- Global market review of lingerie - forecasts to 2020
- Global market review of swimwear - forecasts to 2019