FRANCE: Silverfleet Capital buys La Fée Maraboutée for EUR65m
European private equity firm Silverfleet Capital has acquired La Fée Maraboutée, a French wholesaler and retailer of women's fashion, for EUR65m (US$85.6m).
The investor, which is a former backer of UK fashion chain Oasis and counts footwear retailer Office within its current portfolio, says La Fée Maraboutée has the potential to grow strongly both in Europe and worldwide.
Based in Roanne near Lyon, the women's fashion brand is distributed by around 1,700 French and international wholesalers, as well as a network of 90 stores, 37 of which are in China. Approximately 35% of its total sales are to customers outside France.
In the year ended December 2012 the company is expected to have generated sales of EUR46m, 80% from its wholesale business and 20% from its own retail organisation.
Company founder and current head designer, Jean-Pierre Braillard, is making a significant investment alongside Silverfleet Capital, as are joint-CEOs Jean-Christophe Astruc and Thierry Pérusat.
Also investing in the company is Georges Spitzer, the former CEO of Givenchy and Du Pareil au Même, who will join the supervisory board as chairman.
- ANALYSIS: New pricing strategy pays off for Nike
- Bangladesh Accord calls on firms for more funding
- Hanesbrands praises supply chain efficiency
- Alliance members buy more products from Bangladesh
- Source Summit 2014: Quote/unquote
- Wal-Mart US chief resignation little surprise
- Africa courts clothing and textile investment
- Under Armour "bullish" in full-year guidance rise
- Macy’s increases sustainability efforts
- Wal-Mart replaces US division chief
- Global market review of denim and jeanswear – forecasts to 2020
- Textile Wholesaling in the UK - Industry Market Research Report
- Plunkett's Apparel & Textiles Industry Almanac 2014: Apparel & Textiles Industry Market Research, Statistics, Trends & Leading Companies
- Management briefing: Sourcing shifts: Changes and challenges
- Ethiopia – the emerging textile and clothing industry