UK: Simon Jersey To Clothe 9,500 Avis International Staff
Simon Jersey, the corporate clothing firm, has won the Avis International account, the company announced today.Simon Jersey will now supply the global car hire company with uniforms for all of it's 9,500 staff in 112 countries worldwide for the next five years.The new clothing range features suits for rental sales staff and more relaxed, practical garments for service staff. In addition there are new items that take account of the vastly different countries in which Avis employees work, spanning Europe, Africa, Asia, the Middle East and Far East, so fleeces can be worn in Scandinavia while open neck, cotton shirts are provided for the Mediterranean region. Alan Walker, corporate sales executive at Simon Jersey said: "Avis has entrusted us to support it's corporate image by designing smart and flexible clothing that meets the needs of thousands of staff. This is a challenge we look forward to meeting."Jill Grinsted, director of partnerships and brand communication at Avis' Europe headquarters commented: "Simon Jersey is the right partner for Avis as we felt comfortable, not only with their clothing designs but with their way of working. Simon Jersey impressed us with their logistical capabilities - the fact that they could deliver our clothes to staff worldwide within days of an order, which is essential in our fast moving environment. "The Avis uniform is integral to our corporate image and the high standard of dress offered by Simon Jersey reflects our professionalism."Simon Jersey was founded in Accrington, Lancashire, in 1971 by the current president, Simon Moyle. The company is now a leading designer and supplier of clothing to business and industry worldwide.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-style gives you the widest apparel and textile market coverage.
Paid just-style members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Leonie Barrie, editor of just-style
Help test our new apparel sourcing tool.
- Unlocks for the future fashion sourcing landscape
- What TTIP might mean for US, EU textiles & apparel
- EU eyes mandatory due diligence for apparel supply
- Geo-political uncertainty and how to survive it
- Where next for Corporate Human Rights Benchmark?
- US Q4 in brief – Finish Line, Oxford Industries
- Li & Fung forms supply chain partnership with PVH
- Sears has "substantial doubt" of future
- World Bank commits $57bn to sub-Saharan Africa
- Target unveils "ambitious" store re-design plans
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Central America strategic sourcing review - a focus on Guatemala, El Salvador and Honduras
- Southeast Asia strategic sourcing review – a focus on Cambodia, Vietnam and Myanmar
- When Things Go Wrong - A Practical Guide to Managing Common Problems in Apparel Sourcing
- Outdoor performance apparel 2016: A broader perspective